Fire and Rescue Services in Great Britain attended 212,500 fires in 2013-14 with More than a third of fire deaths in non-domestic buildings were caused by smokers’ materials or cigarette lighters with over 22,200 recorded fires were non domestic .
That is serious stats to consider when planning your fire precautions. At Fire FM we would always recommend using a professional company who know the legislations but also consider the needs of your business and staff into requirements.
With this in mind we thought it would be good to perhaps share some tips with your staff to ensure everyone has considered what would happen in an emergency.
– Take time to read/discuss your evacuation plan
– Make sure you know where the fire stations are
– Be aware what the sound of the emergency siren is
– Know who to contact in an emergency
– Always report blocked or damaged escape exits
– Count how many desks or doors between you and the fire exit in case of poor visibility
These little hints and tips could help reiterate responsibility of all staff and save lives.